Basis Technology makes digital investigations faster by building automated and intuitive software. We provide off the shelf and custom solutions for the front-line responders and lab-based investigators who need to quickly and efficiently answer questions about a device or computer.
Equip your lab and response teams with best in class systems that exploit challenging data and automate the analysis of large data sets.
Practical Endpoint Response
Automated incident response software any company can use to investigate their alerts.
- ✓ Agentless: Easier to deploy than EDR
- ✓ Automated: Easier to use than command lines
- ✓ Thorough: More complete than antivirus
- ✓ Practical: Designed for non-forensics experts
Autopsy is a Windows-based desktop digital forensics tool that is free, open source, and has all of the features that you’d normally find in commercial digital forensics tools. It is extensible and comes with features that include keyword search, hash matching, registry analysis, web analytics, and more. Basis Technology provides training, commercial support, and add-on modules.
When the traditional investigation tools do not meet your mission needs, Basis Technology will build a solution for you based on existing open source technologies. This allows you to use software that is custom for your needs, but without paying for a full system to be developed from scratch.
We often develop tools for the following situations:
- Custom Field-based Workflows: We build custom interfaces for Autopsy that are tailored to specific law enforcement and MEDEX mission needs. The typical end user is not a computer forensics expert, but needs to be able to do some basic analysis in the field. We produce a tool that has few buttons and automates the analysis tasks to be performed.
- Large Scale Data Analysis: We build cluster-based systems to analyze data in parallel. These systems are entirely automated, allow multiple drives to be analyzed in hours, and allow collaborative review. These systems can be integrated into case management software so that the analysis is automatically started when a new case is created.
We also have examiners to focus on high-profile federal investigations who are certified in both mobile device and hard drive forensics. They have also trained soldiers, law enforcement officials, and corporate investigators.
We support our examiners with software engineers who can rapidly build solutions when devices and files are encountered that are not supported by existing tools.